The Office of the University Registrar provides official grade transcripts bearing the Cornell University seal and the signature of the University Registrar. The University maintains a single transcript for all students reflecting all courses taken at Cornell, including summer, extramural, undergraduate and graduate courses.
You can order transcripts online, or via postal mail or fax. We cannot accept email requests. If you have a hold that prevents the release of your transcript, we cannot process your request until the hold is cleared. If you have a NetID and password, you can check your holds by logging in to Student Center.
Please limit your request to 10 copies per order.
Order Transcripts Online
If you have a NetID* and have attended Cornell since 1982, please order transcripts online (limit 10 copies per order).
You must provide an address or we cannot complete your order.
- If you check the Send to My Address box, wait for the Address Type drop down to appear, then choose an Address Type. That will fill in your address automatically.
- If you want your transcript sent somewhere else, fill in the Send To field and then click on Edit Address to add the address.
NOTE: Orders for multiple copies to one address will be in one envelope; all but one copy will be in individually sealed envelopes. If you need to forward transcripts in individually sealed envelopes please order one more copy than the number that need to be sent.
*If you don't have a NetID, go to: http://www.cit.cornell.edu/services/netid/howto.cfm.
Order Transcripts By Mail or Via Fax
If you do not have a NetID and/or last attended Cornell prior to 1982, please order by mail or via fax. Download the Transcript Request Form, fill it out, print it, sign it, and send or fax it to the Office of the University Registrar.
Once we receive your order, the processing and first class U.S. mail delivery time is usually seven to ten business days. From December through February and from late August to mid-October, processing and mail delivery time may be up to 15 business days due to registration and the increased number of requests.
Transcript with Apostille
Some foreign governments and agencies require that diplomas and transcripts be certified with an apostille. There are a number of steps in obtaining the New York State apostille. You need to mail us a request with your signature and include the following:
- a coversheet requesting your documents be processed for apostille, please include your full name, date of birth, current mailing address including country, phone number, email address, the country requiring the apostille and your signature.
- any documents in your possession requiring the apostille.
- a check for $3.00 (per document) made payable to Tompkins County Clerk.
- a check for $10.00 (per document) made payable to New York State Department of State.
- an envelope addressed to your desired destination with sufficient postage to get it there; the New York Department of State will mail your document with the apostille to the desired destination.
The University Registrar’s Office will notarize the document(s) and take them to the County Clerk’s Office for certification. We will mail the certified document(s) to the New York Secretary of State for apostille. New York State will mail the document(s) to the desired destination.
Please note the fees are per document. Payment must be in U.S. funds drawn from a U.S. institution or bank.
On This Page
Office of the University Registrar
B07 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.