Faculty and administrative assistants use Faculty Center to submit final grades. Grades can be entered manually into the grade roster or may be uploaded using the Grade Upload feature.
Grades are posted by the Office of the University Registrar during the grading period. Grades submitted by 2:00 p.m. will be available for students, faculty, and advisors to view on Student Center and Faculty Center by 5:30 p.m. Grades are not posted over the weekend or during the holiday break.
Student Data Safety Reminders
- Grades are protected by FERPA and university policy. They should never be posted or made public.
- If grade rosters, reports and other confidential material must be distributed within the university, use the DropBox. Email should never be used.
- Student information must be stored on a secure, password protected server.
Creation of Grade Rosters
The Office of the University Registrar creates grade rosters in batch after the last day of classes. If a single grade roster is required prior to the end of the semester, contact your college registrar.
Faculty and administrative assistants will see all sections of the classes with which they are associated. The roster will be created only for the graded component. The grade roster icon in Faculty Center will appear after rosters are created.
Printing Grade Rosters
- Click on the Grade Roster Icon next to the class you wish to print.
- When the grade roster opens, click the Printer Friendly Version button at the bottom of the page.
Downloading Grade Rosters
- Click on the grade roster icon next to the class you wish to download.
- When the grade roster opens, click on the download icon on the right side of the roster.
- Save the file to a secure server.
Using the Grade Upload Feature
Creating the file
1) Download the grade roster and save it to a secure server. The roster will contain more information than is needed to perform the upload. Some columns need to be added before grades are entered. Others will need to be deleted before the upload process.
2) Save the file as a CSV file and open it in Excel.
3) Insert three new columns on the left of the spreadsheet. In columns A, B, and C, enter the following:
- (A) Institution – this will be CUNIV for every student on the roster. It must be all capital letters.
- (B) Term – the code for the term you are grading. This will be the same for every student on the grade roster. Your college will provide the term code.
- (C) Class Number – 4 or 5 digit class number. This will be the same for every student on the grade roster. This number can be found at the top of the grade roster page under the link for subject and catalog number.
4) Enter the student's grade in the roster grade column. Pay special attention to the student's grading basis. Grades must be all capital letters and should not contain a space for plus/minus grades.
5) Save the file.
Uploading the file
1) Before the file can be uploaded, some data on the file must be deleted:
- Delete the following columns: Notify, Name, Official Grade, Grading Basis, Units Taken, Program and Plan, Level, and Status
- Delete all column headings
2) Save the file.
3) Upload the grades in Faculty Center.
- Click Grade Upload button (green button in the middle of the screen).
- Browse for and select your file.
- Click Upload.
- After the grades are loaded, an upload summary will confirm the number of grades loaded.
- To go back to the grade center, click Return.
- Review the grades and save the roster.
Grade Changes After Posting
Once grades are posted, you must use a Manual Grade form to make a change.
For problems entering grades, grading policy questions or submission deadlines, contact your college registrar.
Please direct questions or feedback for the University Registrar via email to email@example.com.
On This Page
Office of the University Registrar
B07 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.