Fall 2012 Semester Start-Up
Complete these steps to make sure you are ready for the semester.
To view important information throughout the semester, use the links in the Registrar, Registration and Enrollment, and Bursar sections of Student Center at studentcenter.cornell.edu.
1. CHECK to make sure you have no holds preventing your registration.
- Beginning August 14, go to Student Center and check the Holds box (NetID required).
- To become a registered student at Cornell University, a person must:
-settle all financial accounts, including current semester tuition;
-satisfy New York State and university health requirements;
-have no holds from their college, the Office of Judicial Administrator, Gannett Health Services, or the bursar.
- In addition, all students must complete course enrollment within the first
three weeks of classes.
- Students must be registered by September 14, 2012 or they risk being withdrawn from the university. Students who become registered after September 14, 2012 will be charged a $350 late fee. A $500 late fee will be charged to students who become registered after September 28, 2012. Failure to register will impact financial aid, loan deferments and health benefits relying on in-school status.
- If you require a Certificate of Enrollment (or Degree) for a loan organization, health insurance provider, or other agency, order it at certification.cornell.edu after August 17, 2012.
2. CHECK your add/drop appointment time in the Enrollment Dates box in Student Center.
3. VERIFY and UPDATE your personal data on Student Center
- Verify and update your home and local addresses, phone numbers, emergency contact, and emergency mass notification information.Your local address will now have an increased level of privacy. Effective July 1, local address is no longer “directory information.” It is not publically available and has been removed from the electronic directory. Learn more.
- All updates can be made in the Personal Information section of Student Center.
4. REVIEW the Student Record Privacy Statement: Annual Notification under FERPA
- Read the Student Record Privacy Statement today, and get to know your privacy rights.
- This statement outlines certain rights afforded to you as a student with respect to your education records and defines when records may be released without your consent.
- Effective July 1, local address is no longer “directory information.” It is not publically available and has been removed from the electronic directory. Learn more.
Key Dates and Times
|8/6||Grad, JGSM, and Law Students: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center|
|8/7||Bursar bill (including fall tuition) due|
|8/14||Verify fall semester schedule on Student
Check for "holds" preventing registration on Student Center
Seniors: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center
|8/15||Juniors: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center|
|8/16||Sophomores: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center|
|8/17||New Student Check-In (new undergraduates) 8am-5pm, Barton Hall
View additional Orientation events
|8/20||New Graduate and Professional Student Cornell ID Distribution and Resource Fair
8:30am-10:30pm, Barton Hall
View additional required orientation sessions on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
|8/21||Freshmen: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student
Vet Students: Course add/drop begins at midnight on Student Center
First-Year Writing Seminar (open enrollment begins) 8am
|9/14||Last day to register; last day to add classes|
|10/12||Last day to drop classes or change grade option|
- New Students - newstudents.cornell.edu
- Office of the University Registrar - registrar.sas.cornell.edu
- Office of the Bursar - bursar.cornell.edu
- Pay your bill: www.dfa.cornell.edu/dfa/treasurer/bursar/studentsparents/paying/netpay/index.cfm
- Financial Aid and Student Employment Office: finaid.cornell.edu
- Student Center: studentcenter.cornell.edu
Office of the University Registrar
B07 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.