Skip to main content

more options

Name Changes

To update or change your Primary Name on your student record, complete the Name Change Form and bring it to the Office of the University Registrar in B-07 Day Hall with photo ID, and a copy of the following:

  • US Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Court-issued Document (such as a marriage or divorce certificate)

A state issued driver’s license is not an acceptable form of proof for a name change

For International students on a Visa, your name must reflect the name that appears on your Visa. Contact the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) at or 607-255-5243 for assistance with updating your name.

Contact Information

Office of the University Registrar
B07 Day Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
(607) 255-4232

Mon-Fri 8:00-4:15

Email us at: