Spring 2012 Semester Start-Up
Complete these steps to make sure you are ready for the semester.
1. CHECK to make sure that you don't have holds that prevent registration.
- Beginning Tuesday, January 17, go to Student Center and check the Holds box (NetID required).
- To become a registered student at Cornell University, a person must:
- settle all financial accounts, including current semester tuition;
- satisfy New York State and university health requirements;
- have no holds from their college, the Office of the Judicial Administrator, Gannett Health Services, or the Bursar.
- In addition, all students must complete course enrollment within the first three weeks of classes.
Students must be registered by February 10, 2012 or they risk being withdrawn from the university. Students who become registered after February 10 will be charged a $350 late fee. A $500 late fee will be charged to students who become registered after February 24. Failure to register will impact financial aid, loan deferments and health benefits relying on in-school status.
- If you require a Certificate of Enrollment (or Degree) for a loan organization, health insurance provider, or other agency, order it at certification.cornell.edu/ beginning January 20, 2012.
2. VERIFY and UPDATE your personal data on Student Center
- Verify and update all addresses, phone numbers, and emergency contact information.
- Verify and update your emergency mass notification information. Note this data is not viewable or released – except by you.
3. REVIEW the Student Record Privacy Statement: Annual Notification under FERPA
- Read the Student Record Privacy Statement today, and get to know your privacy rights.
- This statement outlines certain rights afforded to you as a student with respect to your education records and defines when records may be released without your consent.
Key Dates and Times
|1/7||Bursar bill (including spring tuition) due|
|1/17||Verify registration status on Student
Seniors: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center
Grad, GM, Law Students: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center
|1/18||Juniors: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student
New Student Check-In (undergraduates) 9-11am, Appel Commons
|1/19||Sophomores: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student
New Graduate Student Check-In, 8am-4pm, Caldwell Hall
|1/20||Freshmen: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center|
Vet Students: Course add/drop begins 8am on Student Center
|2/10||Last day to register; last day to add classes; last day to drop most PE classes|
|3/9||Last day to drop classes; last day to change grade option (S/U or letter)|
Office of the University Registrar
B07 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Office: Mon-Fri 8:00-4:30
Phone: Mon-Fri 8:00-4:15
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.